Argonne National Laboratory, one of the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) major research centers, is pleased to announce opportunities for college and university undergraduate students participate in the Laboratory’s ongoing programs.
Argonne’s Education Department is looking for a part-time website content developer starting in February 2017. This individual will assist program staff in developing content for educational website, department newsletters, feature articles and maintain distribution lists.
The prospective student is required to:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Communications, English, Website Management, Social Media or a similar Communications discipline.
- Excellent writing, technology and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment while managing multiple project timelines.
- A minimum at a sophomore standing.
- A GPA of 3.0 or better.
Good knowledge in:
- Website content management (Drupel a plus)
- Best practices in Social Media
- Database management
Scope of work duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Writing and maintaining content on the Educational website
- Managing database contacts and distributing targeted newsletters to varying audiences
Requirements for the Co-op Program: U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. Laboratory policy requires that at the time of employment, prospective employees pass a physical examination, which includes drug testing, performed by the Laboratory’s Medical Division at no cost to the prospective employee. A satisfactory background investigation is also required.
Compensation: The salary range is from $14.72 to $18.38 per hour based on academic rank and academic discipline, and prior experience.
Hours: Students are preferred to commit at least one year of work which includes 19 hours per week while classes are in session, and full-time during summer and academic breaks, with some adjustments for final exams or major academic project work.