The Summer Institute on Sustainability and Energy (SISE) is a two-week "boot camp" for future decision makers eager to join the sustainability and energy revolution happening around the globe. Held annually since 2011, the program boasts 300 alumni. During weekdays, SISE'ers participate in high-level talks, visit energy and sustainability sites, and network. During evenings and weekends, they work collaboratively on a research project and enjoy exploring Chicago.
- Technological Advances - the changes leading us to Autonomous Electric Vehicles
- Emerging Mobility Trends - Ride sharing/Micro-Transit and other mobility solutions
- Infrastructure Challenges - the power grid and its interaction with electric vehicles
- Global and Local Impacts - the overarching picture
Participants (SISE'ers) from around the country join SISE at the University of Illinois at Chicago. SISE'ers are chosen from a highly competitive pool of applicants from across the country. Diversity is one of the strongest features of the program, with participants representing a broad range of backgrounds and expertise. They live together. They research together. They become a part of our extended and international "SISE family."
- There is no program fee.
- Lodging is provided for all participants.
- Transportation support is provided to many participants.
- Applications are accepted through June 15, 2017
- Senior-level undergraduates (as of the fall of 2017), graduate students, and professionals working in the fields of sustainability and energy who are living, working, or studying in the United States are eligible to apply
- The application process includes:
1. An online application
2. A resume/CV
3. One letter of recommendation
4. A short Skype/Goole Hangouts interview