- The main purpose of the National School on Neutron and X-ray Scattering is to educate graduate students on the utilization of major neutron and x-ray facilities. Lectures, presented by researchers from academia, industry, and national laboratories, will include basic tutorials on the principles of…
- The REU program matches students with faculty researchers and lab associates who mentor individual project activities, including a mid-summer working lunch and an informal journal club at which students discuss research projects and scientific papers. The program concludes with students producing written research reports…
- The Summer Institute on Sustainability and Energy (SISE) is a two-week "boot camp" for future decision makers eager to join the sustainability and energy revolution happening around the globe. Held annually since 2011, the program boasts 300 alumni. During weekdays, SISE'ers participate in high-level talks, visit…
- The Indiana University-Purdue University Post-Baccalaureate Research Program (IPREP) prepares recent college graduates, who are students from underrepresented minority or disadvantaged populations, for admission to graduate programs in the biomedical and behavioral sciences. IPREP is funded through the National Institutes of Health. Applicants applying to…
About LSMCE & LSAMP
The Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) is a program that was congressionally mandated in 1991 and has been managed by the National Science Foundation with a main focus on broadening the participation of minority students at the baccalaureate level and advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The LSAMP program assists universities and colleges to diversify STEM workforce through their efforts at significantly increasing the numbers of students completing high quality degree programs in STEM disciplines.
Stay in Touch
Sign up to get the latest news, happenings and event information from LSMCE.
- Opportunities for Undergraduates and Faculty at DOE Laboratories
- LSMCE Digital Library
- Professional Dress and Etiquette: Making the Most of Your Conference Experience
- Strategies to Create an Outstanding Statement of Purpose
- How to Create a LinkedIn Profile
- Make the Most of Your Internship